Baked Apple Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 apples, peeled and cored
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each apple into eight lengthwise wedges and then cut each wedge in half crosswise.
- Put the apples in a baking dish just big enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Add the cinnamon stick, sprinkle over the brown sugar and dot with the butter.
- Bake until the apples are golden brown and soft, about 50 minutes.
- From time to time, spoon the melted butter and cooking juices over the apples and give them a gentle stir.
- When the apples are done, set them aside to cool. In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, half-and-half, cream, sour cream, ground cinnamon and sugar and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Pour through a fine strainer into the ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream is firm and almost done, add the apples to the ice cream freezer, discarding the cinnamon stick but spooning in all of the cooking juices.
- Continue freezing until the ice cream is firm.
- Spoon into a chilled container, cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Leave at room temperature for about 5 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
Related Fruit Ice Cream