Cream Varieties-> Ice Cream Cakes ->Blackforest Ice Cream Cake
Blackforest Ice Cream Cake
- 1 quart- Vanilla or cherry ice cream, softened
- 1 ¾ all purpose Flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Hershey’s coco
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- Firmly pack the ice cream into a foil lined 9 inch round cake pan.
- Cover and freeze it for 2 hours. Preheat oven. Grease flour two cake pans.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, baking soda baking powder in a large mixture bowl.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla extract.
- Beat on medium speed of 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool it completely.
- Place one cake layer upside down on the serving plate.
- Top with ice cream removed from cake pan.
- Place second cake layer topside up over ice cream layer.
- Gently spread the whipped cream on top and sides of cake.
- With decoration tube or a spoon make a border of whipped cream around edges of top layer of cake.
- Fill center with cherry pie fillings.
- Cover and freeze 1 hour before serving.