Ice Cream »
Ice Cream Varieties
Ice Cream Cakes
» Cherry Ice Cream Cake
Cherry Ice Cream Cake
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 package (11 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pints cherry or cherry vanilla ice cream, softened, alienated
- 3 cups crushed shortbread cookies, alienated
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- Heat cream and butter over low heat in a small saucepan, until butter is melted; eradicate from the heat. Add chips; let stand for 1 minute. Whip until sauce is smooth. Mix in vanilla. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring infrequently.
- In the meantime, line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with plastic cover. Spread 1 pint cherry ice cream into prepared pan; add with 1 cup cookie crumbs. Top with vanilla ice cream. Freeze for 20 minutes or until stiff.
- Then Sprinkle with 3/4 cup chocolate sauce; freeze for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cherry ice cream; spread with 1 cup cookie crumbs. Wrap and freeze for 4 hours. Move remaining sauce to a microwave-safe dish; wrap and refrigerate.
- Eradicate dessert from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using plastic wrap, eradicate dessert from pan; remove plastic wrap. Squash remaining cookie crumbs into sides.
- With a notched knife, cut into 12 slices. Warm reserved sauce in a microwave; dish up with ice cream cake.