Category » Vegetable-Ice-Cream
» Green Pea Ice Cream
Green Pea Ice Cream
- 3 eggs
- 100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) whole milk
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) liquid cream
- 700 g (1 1/2 lb.) shelled Peas
- 1/2 bunch mint
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil; add the peas and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain, and then plunge them immediately into ice water to stop the cooking and set their bright green colour.
- Drain again; smash the peas in a blender, then put through a strainer to obtain a fine puree.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil. Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is foamy.
- Gradually add in the milk and cream, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring with a spatula in a figure-8 pattern.
- The mixture must not boil. Cool and refrigerate.
- When the cream is cold, add the pea puree and combine well.
- Put the mixture into an ice cream maker to freeze until it attains the consistency of ice cream.