- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil; add the peas and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain, and then plunge them immediately into ice water to stop the cooking and set their bright green colour.
- Drain again; smash the peas in a blender, then put through a strainer to obtain a fine puree.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil. Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is foamy.
- Gradually add in the milk and cream, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring with a spatula in a figure-8 pattern.
- The mixture must not boil. Cool and refrigerate.
- When the cream is cold, add the pea puree and combine well.
- Put the mixture into an ice cream maker to freeze until it attains the consistency of ice cream.