Fruit Ice Creams ->Apple Ice Creams Varieties->No-Baked Apple
Ice Cream Pie Recipe
|No-Baked Apple Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 large store-bought graham cracker crust
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup confectioners'
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
fresh lemon juice
- One 12-ounce jar
Dulce de Leche caramel topping
- 1 quart vanilla ice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
or pecans, toasted
- Read the package directions on the graham cracker
crust and prebake if necessary.
- You can, of course,
use your favorite homemade crust recipe, pressed into
a 9-inch pie pan and prebaked.
- In either case, let the
crust cool on a cooling rack while you prepare the apples.
- Melt the butter in a large nonreactive skillet or saute
- Add the apples and cook, stirring, over medium
heat until they're just about tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice, cook
for another minute or so, and remove from the heat.
- Scrape the apples and their juice onto a large plate
and let cool.
- When the apples are almost cool, scrape
them and their juice into the pie shell, spreading them
evenly in the crust.
- Without measuring — that's
the fun part, not measuring — slowly pour a little
less than half of the bottle of caramel evenly over
- Put the pie shell in the freezer for 30
minutes to firm up the apples and caramel.
- When you
do this, put the ice cream in the refrigerator to soften
- After 30 minutes, spoon the softened ice cream over
the apples, pressing it down and smoothing it out with
the back of a fork.
- Now pour as much of the remaining
caramel over the ice cream as you like.
- You can pour
it in a spiral, a zigzag, or any decorative fashion
you like. (Note to kids: you probably won't need to
use all of the remaining topping, but you don't have
to tell your parents I said that, if you don't want
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top of the pie, then
put the pie back in the freezer for 1 hour to firm it
- No cheating and taking it out before an hour is
up. Slice and serve.
Related Fruit Ice Creams