Cream Varieties-> Ice Cream Cakes -> Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 50 ml oil
- 140 ml milk
- 20 g cocoa
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 100 g all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 kg strawberry ice cream
- 500 g chocolate ice cream
- 200 g strawberries or raspberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the sponge base: mix egg yolks with sugar until light and downy. Blend in oil, milk and sour cream. Sieve flour with cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and include to the mixture.
- Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and add to the mixture. Spread it over a flippantly greased springform pan.
- Heat oven to 356 F (180 C) and bake it for 30-40 minutes. Let cool entirely.
- Line the surface of the springform pan with parchment paper. Place the sponge base back in. Let both ice creams soften for 15 minutes
- Lightly slice strawberries. Merge them with honey and add to the strawberry ice cream. Spread this above sponge base. Spread chocolate ice cream on top. Garnished with whipped cream and freeze.
- Let the cake soften for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving it.