Fruit Ice Creams » Strawberry Ice Creams Varieties »Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 frozen Triple-Chocolate Cookies
- Combine strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and corn
syrup in medium bowl.
- Using potato masher, mash until
puree forms; let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring
cream, milk, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar to simmer in
heavy medium saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Remove from heat.
- Using electric mixer, beat yolks in
medium bowl until thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in hot cream mixture. Return mixture
- Stir over medium heat until custard thickens
and forms path on back of spoon when finger is drawn
across, about 4 minutes (do not boil). Strain custard
into large bowl. Cool.
- Stir in strawberry mixture and
- Cover and refrigerate custard until cold, at
least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Process custard in ice
cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer ice cream to container; cover and freeze until
firm, at least 6 hours. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead.
- Place 1 frozen Triple-Chocolate Cookie
flat side up on work surface.
- Place 1/2 cup ice cream
- Using offset spatula or butter knife, gently
spread ice cream to cover cookie; top with another cookie,
flat side down, and press gently to adhere.
- Repeat with
remaining ice cream and cookies, making 8 ice cream
- Wrap and freeze until firm, at least
4 hours or overnight.
- Let ice cream sandwiches stand
at room temperature 5 minutes before serving.
Related Fruit Ice Creams