Category -> Vegetable-Ice-Cream->Tomato Ice Cream
Tomato Ice Cream
- Tomato Juice 350ml
- Cream 350ml
- Egg Yolk 3pc
- Castor sugar 75gms
- Thai chilly 2tsp
- Decant the tomato juice into a large saucepan and heat to simmering point
- Allow it to simmer until it has reduced to 150ml
- Once the juice has reduced place in a cold container and place in the freezer until cold (if it is too warm it may curdle the egg yolks)
- While the juice is simmering, place the egg yolks cream, castor sugar and chilly sauce into a glass or stainless steel bowl and whisk until thickened and almost white in colour.
- Set aside in the chiller until required
- Pour the juice into the egg mixture and lightly whisk to combine
- Pour into the ice cream machine.