Fruit Ice Creams » Apple Ice Creams Varieties » Apple Ice Cream Roll Recipe
Apple Ice Cream Roll Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of applesauce
- 1 cup of all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon
of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon
- Powdered sugar
- 1 quart of vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Use
ice cream that is slightly softened.
- Use only a high
quality applesauce that is not too thin. Line a greased
15*10*1 inch jelly-roll pan with waxed paper; grease
- Place eggs in a mixing bowl; beat at high speed
for 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the sugar and ½
cup of applesauce.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, ¾
teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
flour mixture into egg mixture, using low speed.
batter in pan. Bake in your oven for 15 minutes or until
cake is lightly browned and springs back when pressed
- Sprinkle kitchen towel with powdered sugar;
immediately invert cake onto towel.
- Remove waxed paper;
roll cake and towel together from narrow end.
the cake to cool completely. Unroll cake, trimming edges
- Remove from towel and spread with softened
ice cream; re-roll.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or
foil and freeze. Blend the remaining 1-½ cups
of applesauce and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Chill.
- When ready to serve, cut roll into slices and top each
slice with chilled applesauce.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Related Fruit Ice Creams