Fruit Ice Creams » Apricot Ice Cream Varieties » Apricot Ice Cream Recipe
Apricot Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 eggs separated
- 3/4 cup superfine
sugar -- divided
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 apricots
- Halve the apricots and remove the stones. Place in saucepan and fill with just enough water to cover.
- Boil gently until tender.
- Drain and press apricots through a sieve.
- Set aside to cool. Beat the egg yolks with half the sugar until thick and pale.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the other half of the sugar and beat in to form a meringue. Gently fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Gently fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Whip cream until very stiff (be careful not to over beat). Gently fold cream into egg mixture.
- Add apricot puree and fold through until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into Freezer container and freeze.
Related Fruit Ice Creams