Fruit Ice Creams » Avocado Ice Cream Varieties » Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
- 12 ounces avocado meat, approximately
3 small to medium
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Peel and pit the avocados.
- Add the avocados, lemon juice, milk, and sugar to a blender and puree.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and whisk to combine.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator and chill until it reaches 40 degrees F or below, approximately 4 to 6 hours.
- Process the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- However, this mixture sets up very fast, so count on it taking only 5 to 10 minutes to process.
- For soft ice cream, serve immediately. If desired, place in freezer for 3 to 4 hours for firmer texture.
Related Fruit Ice Creams