Fruit Ice Creams » Orange Ice Cream Varieties » Bitter Orange Ice Cream Recipe
Bitter Orange Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 Seville orange,
or 1 eating orange and 2 limes
- 175g icing sugar
double cream, a large pot
- 4 large egg yolks
- If using Seville oranges,grate the zest of two of them.
- Squeeze the juice of all 3 and pour into a bowl with the zest.
- If going for the sweet-orange and lime option, grate the zest of the orange and one of the limes, juice them.
- Add to the sugar and stir to dissolve then add the double cream.
- Whip everything until it holds soft peaks, and then turn into a shallow airtight container (of approximately 2 liters) with a lid.
- Cover and freeze until firm (from 3-5 hours). Remove to ripen for 15-20 minutes (or 30-40 in the fridge) before eating.
- Serve in a bowl, in cones, with wafers - however you like.
- All you do to make this is zest and juice some fruit, add icing sugar and cream whisk and freeze.
Related Fruit Ice Creams