Custard Gelato Ice Creams
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- In saucepan, combine milk and salt and heat over medium heat until bubbles forms around.
- In the food processor, blend the sugar, egg yolks together until it gets thicken and smooth.
- In the ice cream maker, add hot milk. Return the mixture into saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly with wooden spoon for 6 to 8 minutes until mixture thickens and coats at the back of the spoon.
- Remove the pan from heat and set the bowl in ice water. Stir for 2 minutes and allow the mixture to cool.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled thoroughly. In a bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form and fold the whipped cream into custard mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into ice cream maker and freeze the mixture.