Ice Cream -> Coconut Ice Creams
Cherry Ice Cream
- Granulated Sugar - 2/3cup
- Water - 11/4cup
- Coconut Milk - 800ml
- Double (heavy) Cream - 11/4cup
- Desiccated Coconut - 2tbs
- Heat sugar and water in a saucepan stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Remove it from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the cooled syrup with the coconut milk and pour into a container.
- Cover and freeze for about 3 hours or until semi-frozen around the edges and mushy in the centre.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cut up with a knife.
- Then place half the quantity at a time in a food processor and process until smooth, or whisk thoroughly by hand.
- Turn the mixture into a bowl. Whip the cream until soft peaks form and fold into the ice-cream, then stir in the desiccated coconut.
- Return the mixture to the container and freeze again until solid.
Related Fruit Ice Cream