Creams-> Melon Ice Cream Varieties-> Melon Ice
Ice Cream Recipe
- 750ml of single cream
- 5 egg yolks beaten
- 150g caster sugar
- 350g fresh Melons
- Cut open the melons and scoop out the fruit
and puree it in a jug using a hand blender and put to
- . Now make a simple custard by pouring the cream
into a sauce pan with the beaten egg yolks and sugar.
- Put this on the cooker and heat on a medium heat stirring
frequently to prevent the bottom burning.
- You need to
bring this almost to the boil but not quite.
- This ensures
the egg is cooked into the mixture and the sugar has
- Pour into a cold jug and leave to cool
down. When cool mix in the fruit puree and put the mix
in your Ice Cream Maker, following the manufacturer's
- Alternatively you can freeze it in the
freezer but Ice Cream makers freeze more quickly producing
smaller ice crystals.
Related Fruit Ice Creams
Apple Ice Cream
Avocado Ice Cream
Banana Ice Cream
Pineapple Ice Cream
Dates Ice Cream