Fruit Ice Creams » Melon Ice Cream Varieties
» Melon Ice Cream Recipe
Melon Ice Cream Recipe
- 750ml of single cream
- 5 egg yolks beaten
- 150g caster sugar
- 350g fresh Melons
- Cut open the melons and scoop out the fruit
and puree it in a jug using a hand blender and put to
- . Now make a simple custard by pouring the cream
into a sauce pan with the beaten egg yolks and sugar.
- Put this on the cooker and heat on a medium heat stirring
frequently to prevent the bottom burning.
- You need to
bring this almost to the boil but not quite.
- This ensures
the egg is cooked into the mixture and the sugar has
- Pour into a cold jug and leave to cool
down. When cool mix in the fruit puree and put the mix
in your Ice Cream Maker, following the manufacturer's
- Alternatively you can freeze it in the
freezer but Ice Cream makers freeze more quickly producing
smaller ice crystals.
Related Fruit Ice Creams