Papaya Ice Cream Recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugarp
- 2 eggs, beatenp
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 fresh lime (see instructions)
- Whisk together sugar, eggs, and cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, while stirring, until thickened enough to coat the spoon.
- Do not boil. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin.
- Place the papaya into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade or a heavy-duty blender.
- Remove the zest from the lime using a micro plane or grater, and then juice the lime.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice to the papaya and process into a puree.
- Add papaya puree to the thickened cream, stirring to thoroughly combine.
- Pour into ice cream machine and freeze.
Related Fruit Ice Creams
Blackcurrent Ice Cream Apple Roll Ice Cream Coconut Ice Cream Orange Basil Ice Cream Pear Ice Cream