Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- 5 cups ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 cups heavy cream (whipping cream)
- In a blender, purée 3 cups of the peaches.
- Mash the remaining 3 cups of chopped peaches with a potato masher. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy saucepan over low heat, heat the milk and cream, just until it begins to steam.
- Pour a little of the heated mixture into the egg and sugar mixture, and stir.
- Then pour the bowl of egg/sugar/milk mixture back into the heavy saucepan.
- Continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat, and refrigerate the mixture for several hours or until well chilled.
- Add the puréed peaches to the chilled mixture, stir well, and pour into a 5-quart ice cream freezer can.
- Turn on the ice cream freezer or crank it by hand for 5 minutes.
- Then, carefully remove the top of the can and the dasher, and add the reserved 2 cups of mashed peaches, mixing them in with a long spoon.
- Put the dasher back in and the top back on, and continue freezing according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Allow ice cream to ripen for at least an hour. Makes about 3-1/2 quarts.
Related Fruit Ice Creams
Orange Ice Cream Apple Ice Cream Plum Ice Cream Kiwi Ice Cream Lychee Ice Cream