Fruit Ice Cream » Pear Ice Cream Varieties » Pear Ice Cream Recipe
Pear Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe pears thinly
sliced, about 3 cups
- 1 cup pear juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- Combine the pears, the pear juice and the lemon juice in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to processor; purie until smooth. Chill until cold.
- Whisk the egg yolks, vanilla and the sugar in a bowl to blend.
- Bring 1 cup of cream to simmer in a saucepan. Gradually whisk hot cream into yolk mixture. Return to the same saucepan...
- Stir over low heat until the custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when a finger is drawn across, about 7 minutes. Do not the mixtures boil?
- Pour through strainer into bowl. Mix in the other cup of cream.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the corn syrup and the 3 cups of pear puree to the custard and whisk until blended Chill custard until cold, at least 4 hour or overnight.
- Transfer custard to ice cream maker.
- Process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to covered container and freeze.
Related Fruit Ice Creams