Fruit Ice Cream » Plum Ice Cream Varieties » Plum Ice Cream Recipe
Plum Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups diced purple or black plums
(about 6 plums)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook plums and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes or until plums are tender and sugar is dissolved.
- Process plum mixture in a food processor until smooth; strain and discard skins.
- Stir together plum puree and whipping cream in container of a 2- or 4- quart electric freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with almonds, if desired.
Related Fruit Ice Cream