Cream -> Strawberry
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Place the berries into the container of a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1 1/4 cups of the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble at the edge of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, remaining 1/4 cup cream, and corn syrup.
- Gradually pour the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan, and heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Strain custard into the berry puree through a sieve, mix, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill an ice cream maker with the mixture, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Related Fruit Ice Cream
Orange Ice Cream
Apple Ice Cream
Plum Ice Cream
Kiwi Ice Cream
Lychee Ice Cream